My Acne Story:
I have struggled with acne for as long as I can remember. I spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars trying to find products that work for me. Feeling overwhelmed and hopeless, I sought out a dermatologist and tried birth-control, topical gels, doxycycline, and even accutane! These medications made my acne go from severe to mild.
Now, my acne is a unique case. I rarely get traditional pimples – Instead, I get acne that is buried under my skin giving my face a bumpy texture and each blemish leaves behind a scar… totally not cute.
So, when trying to find a cleanser, I look for one that will:
- Correct my hyper-pigmentation
- Penetrate deep enough to address my acne
- Remove my waterproof smudge proof makeup
- Leave my skin feeling comfortable.
Boscia’s Purifying Cleansing Gel Experience:
The packaging is decent considering the price point. One of the features of the packaging that I appreciated was that the pump comes with this clasp like device that stops the pump from going down. Making the packaging ideal for travelling.
I really like the brand’s values when formulating this product. It has a green seal at Sephora meaning it is free of preservatives, artificial fragrances/colours, gluten and its ethically made (no animals were harmed). I found this product to be most successful when broken into 2 steps.
1 Step: Apply the product onto dry skin and rub in. This step breaks down makeup and also acts as a nice little massage for yourself.
2 Step: Apply water to the face. Once you do this, the formula turns into a milky like consistency that washes off quite easily.
I found that this oil-based cleanser did a good job at removing my makeup and because of its active natural ingredients it targeted all my skin concerns leaving me with a more even complexion
The Active Ingredients:
• Gently purifies, refines, and minimizes the appearance of pores
Botanical Amino Acids
• Gently eliminates skin dirt, oil, and impurities, leaving skin conditioned
• Allows skin to be clean and free of debris that can clog pores and lead to breakouts without drying or stripping the skin’s natural moisture balance
• Antioxidant that soothes as it protects the skin against the abuse of the elements, helping to prevent free-radical damage
• Gives natural antibacterial benefits as it helps to reduce inflammation
• Scent relieves stress and encourages relaxation
Boscia’s Signature Botanical Blend
• Jojoba Leaf: helps to prevent free radical damage while nourishing the skin
• Willow-herb: helps to calm skin inflammation and reduce visible redness and irritation.
– Your Glam’r Guide, Alyssa